Read what our customers say about their removal from France to England:
House Moving France to the UK
Your possessions are precious to you, so you will want a France removal company
you can trust to transport them safely and efficiently over many miles.
The Weston & Edwards group have the knowledge & expertise which, when
combined with the care, consideration and reliability afforded by a well established
family firm, gives you complete peace of mind.
Removals from France by Road / Ferry:
Because of recent legislation, there are now far fewer restrictions and moving
within Europe has never been simpler. It is advisable, however, to consult a removal
company who is familiar with France customs and procedures, to ensure a smooth
and trouble-free move.
Full house removals France to the United Kingdom - your own truck for your goods only - your choice of dates. Or you may consider shipping France has many container ports on the Mediterranean and the UK will almost certainly have a container port close to your destination.
Part load from France or single items - For smaller amounts, a few boxes of personal possessions? You only pay for the space you need! Favourable rates can be given for small loads or individual items. If you're taking a lesser amount, considerable savings are made by sharing the space with other France part loads.
There are currently many people moving from France, so there are lots of opportunities
for part loads and favourable rates.
Early Booking discounts for all French Removals
If you have a full, or nearly full, load to be moved from France to Great Britain and you book at least 6 weeks in advance we can often offer a minimum discount of 10% on our quoted removal rate.
PART LOAD France - click for availability
If it’s only a small quantity you are moving France is only a short hop across the Channel and, if urgent, we can supply a dedicated small van and removal men. Handy if you're unable to wait for a part load or need to have a guaranteed schedule.
We can collect your goods from your present home, packing all 'smalls' if required. Please refer to our packing page for details of packing boxes and materials and all services offered.
If you are unable to move directly into your new home in the UK from France storage is available in our clean, modern container storage facility in England, after shipping from France. No need for storage in France.
Full removal INSURANCE COVER, to protect your goods whilst
in transit, is included in the removal quotation.
France Removals - Francais Demanagements
Contact Details for the Weston and Edwards Group:
Weston and Edwards Removals:
BRIDGWATER 01278 425508
TAUNTON 01823 324004
MINEHEAD 01643 703048
YEOVIL 01935 822237
We cover: Bridgwater, Burnham on Sea, Castle Cary, Glastonbury, Highbridge, Ilminster, Martock, Minehead, Sherborne, Taunton, Wellington, Wells, Yeovil and everywhere in-between.
FROME 01373 334580
TROWBRIDGE 01225 766159
BATH 01225 904435
We cover: Amesbury, Bath, Bruton, Calne, Chippenham, Devizes, Frome, Marlborough, Melksham, Radstock, Salisbury, Shaftesbury, Shepton Mallet, Trowbridge, Warminster, Westbury and everywhere in-between.
North Somerset Removals:
WESTON SUPER MARE 01934 417444
BRISTOL 01173 601010
COLCHESTER 01206 571971
CHELMSFORD 01245 493912
CLACTON ON SEA 01255 476797
We cover: Braintree, Chelmsford, Clacton on Sea, Colchester, Dunmow, Harwich, Maldon, Tiptree, Witham and everywhere in-between.
WICKFORD 01268 573232
SOUTHEND 01702 480120
SOUTH WOODHAM FERRERS 01245 322218
We cover: Basildon, Billericay, Brentwood, Canvey Island, Chelmsford, South Woodham Ferrers, Southend on Sea, Wickford and everywhere in-between.
IPSWICH 01473 225797
FELIXSTOWE 01394 654495
STOWMARKET 01449 684065
We cover: Bury St Edmunds, Felixstowe, Ipswich, Stowmarket, Sudbury and everywhere in-between.
Top tips when moving house...
1. Get a quotation well in advance. Either complete our quotation form or make an appointment with our removals estimator. Proper planning ensures a smooth and trouble-free move.
2. If you have time, get rid of all your unwanted items and rubbish in advance - it's lovely to move into a new home, without unwanted clutter.
3. Doing your own packing? Anything that will fit into a box should be packed. Other loose items, garden tools for instance, can be taped together. Don't overfill the boxes. It's best to use our cartons as they are tailor-made for the job.
4. Items can be left in drawers if they're not too heavy, and if the drawers are removable (Our chaps can take the drawers out, put the carcass in the truck and replace the drawers to cut down the amount of packing that you have to do)
5. Freezers can usually stay full. Perhaps put the food in bags/baskets, so that if we struggle, we can take the food out prior to loading, and put back in for transit. We are often able to plug in the freezer on an overnight move.
6. Keep all keys (filing cabinets, safe, wardrobes) together in a safe place.
7. Self-assembly furniture is best dismantled before moving.
8. Prepare a survival pack for the things you will need on moving day - toys, kettle, passports and for the first day in your new home ie: bedding. Keep this separately and make sure the removal men know.
9. Let your mover know beforehand if you haven't managed to get your packing done, got rid of stuff or anything else you haven't asked for in your removal quote. That gives us time to make the necessary arrangements.
10. Make sure your removal company is aware of any access difficulties at either property.
11. People to notify of your change of address: Doctors, dentists, banks, Gas, Electricity, Royal Mail, phone company, D.V.L.A (Driving licence), Friends and relatives!
12. Check that we are available before you commit to a moving date.